Back in the summer of 2016, I was all about publishing book 1. I was in full on “this will go so fast” mode and really, truly believed that I would have that sucker live no later than March 2017.
In case you missed it, the book has, in fact, not gone live.
This self-publishing thing is a lot more work than I thought it would be.
Those of you farther along on the journey can stop laughing now.
Anyway, in the meantime, I also wrote book 2 and am about ready to edit it. I’ve found through various trials that editing on paper works better for me. I can use post-its and close my computer and prevent the “just flip over to the interwebs for a sec,” derailing my whole day.
I really do believe that it has been worth it to take my time with this book. Everything is still a learning experience at this point. I firmly believe that the next series will be better, faster, stronger, but I also don’t want this one to be a huge failure.
All that to say, I changed the dates.
The new, new, NEW plan is to publish book one and then shortly after book two. I am also hopeful that book three will be in editing by then and I can publish that pretty quickly thereafter.
Also going on:
- School starts at the end of the month. I miss summer already.
- I’ll be publishing more writer-mom approved meals for NaNoWriMo starting in October. Because we need all the help we can get, right? I’m testing a new one as we speak – Pork Salsa Verde Tacos. It smells great!
- It’s full-on purge-a-palooza time around here. I recycled about 1,000,000 cheap-o plastic storage lids last week. Felt so good! Feels even better to open that cabinet now and not be buried under the avalanche of plastic mess.
- Mr. Quinn is training for a triathlon. He stopped wearing his wedding ring much because of fear of having his finger ripped off or broken and causing all kinds of issues. I quit wearing mine after my finger swelled in an over-heated theater and it took me 12 hours, dental floss, and two ice packs to remove it. Looking for a solution, I went to Groove Life. They even have a program that lets you try 5 rings free for 5 days. Can I just say that my new silicone ring is the absolute best! I love it. The process for sizing was simple and now no more worries. The ring won’t get stuck on my swollen finger and worst case? It can be cut off. I still love my original ring, don’t get me wrong, but for my lifestyle? This one fits the bill!
- I’m training for a half marathon. I have to run five miles this weekend. It’s the farthest I will have ever run. Like ever. Prayers and good thoughts appreciated.
- I printed book 2 for editing. Planning on finishing up with book one tonight and then diving right in on book 2. See you on the other side!
Follow the words!